Like Reedeemed at Facebook

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Poem about Part of God's Creation

Often good art comes out of some kind of life experience. I had such an experience just now, and wrote a poem about it. It involves a creature of God's. I hope you enjoy it.


Now I lay me down to sleep,
But scared I am of things that creep.
That they might up my nose and climb
To go lay eggs inside my mind.
For I inside my bedroom found
A cockroach crawling on the ground.
I shivered, gagged, and squealed a bit
Then cut in half that little twit!
When squashing then did not succeed
I used my knife and made it bleed.
(Okay, I know, they can't shed blood,
But hey, that rhyme was not a dud!)
Why God would make this creature small
–Which haunts and terrifies us all–
I neither know nor comprehend
So their bodies I shall rend.
They creep me out, those nasty things!
At least they do not use their wings...
Now ends this verse in happy thought:
May all those little suckers rot!

If you hate roaches as much as I do, feel free to pass this on. Just remember that this blog is copyrighted, so be sure to give me credit!

-Reed Hamil

No comments:

Post a Comment