Like Reedeemed at Facebook

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Perspective

Occasionally, I come across something that forces me to rethink things. Some things truly require a change in perspective. This is one of those things:


And occasionally, that particular something happens to be completely silly. (My apologies for the image continuing off the screen, but it was a bit small otherwise.)

In all seriousness, let us take a few brief moments every once in a while to really and truly examine who and what we are, as well as what we do and how we do it. As for me, my perspective is going to change drastically in the coming months with the coming of my marriage.

So now is the perfect opportunity for me to come to the realization that I am far less patient and much more selfish than I ever imagined. These are a bit vague, I admit, but I did consider myself to be a pretty patient guy until my magnificent fiancée showed just the opposite to be true.

May God ever continue to work and rework our perspective: of ourselves, of each other, and of him. God is doing something new, is reworking the entirety of the universe (Isa 43.19; 65.17-25), and is training us to be something new (Titus 2.11-14). I think he might be changing our perspective as well.

Grace and peace.
-Reed
____________
Image from Pajama Forest. I find this comic series both humorous and appropriate. You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment