Like Reedeemed at Facebook

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Translating Ephesians: Introduction

So I've decided I'm going to translate Ephesians. Since I plan on doing some of my translating here at Reedeemed, I'll be posting as often as I finish translating for any given day. Might be once a week, maybe more, but who knows?


Anyways, I think this is a good place for me to exercise some translating and learning to defend my translation, especially since a couple of people I know or suspect read this blog will call me out on a few decisions.

I've got a couple of reasons for picking Ephesians. First, I've never just sat down and read Ephesians straight through in English, so I don't know much of it off the top of my head. I'll actually have to translate based on the text more so than my own memories. Second, the Church Growth grad course I'm in includes a reading of Ephesians (as well as Luke-Acts, but that's a bit much for right now). Third, I'm exploring the possibility that Paul did not write Ephesians, and so I'm acquainting myself with its vocabulary and style.

I might choose to include a section for Ephesians' interpretation, or I might not. I just don't know yet. That's the beauty of the unplanned: it can go anywhere!

Grace and peace,
-Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment