Like Reedeemed at Facebook

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mark, Isaiah, and Biblical Hebrew

So this fall I'm taking two courses at LCU: Elementary Biblical Hebrew and a text course on the Gospel of Mark. Don't be surprised when I begin discussing these topics. Hebrew is simple enough... well, the pursuit of the course, that is. You know, to learn the language; that's the point. The Mark class, however, is somewhat more intriguing. The basic thesis of it is that Mark should be read in light of the prophet Isaiah and that such a reading has tremendous impact for its interpretation.

All this to say, I'm excited about this semester. Hopefully I'll get to write some on learning Hebrew and the Mark/Isaiah readings. I pray you'll join me on this journey, and also that I may remember to share it with you!

Grace and peace,
-Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment