Like Reedeemed at Facebook

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Possible Study Tool

Today I stumbled across a free online flash card site called StudyBlue. At this point, I'm not totally sure what I think about it. Here's what I've discovered so far:


  1. It supports multiple font types. I made some flash cards in Hebrew for my Elementary Hebrew class this fall, and it works just fine. Haven't attempted Greek, but if it can do Hebrew (including vowel points), it can probably handle Greek.
  2. It has an iPhone app counterpart.
  3. The cards on the iPhone app use the tiniest font possible. This is alright for English (at least insofar as it is my native tongue), but deciphering the Hebrew vowel points is difficult. As of now, I have yet to discover a means by which I can 'embiggen' the font size for the cards.
  4. The website can link directly to the app, providing instant updates to your linked account.
  5. Aside from individual cards, the app has the option of utilizing a 'review sheet' in which all the questions and their corresponding answers are visible. Still, it has a teensy font.
  6. Three months ago, the font size issue was brought before the developer(s) of the app, and it has yet to be resolved. Ergo, it probably won't change.
With regards to iPhone flash cards, if you know of something better than this, let me know in the comments!

Grace and peace,
-Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment